Manuel Uy Beach Resort Travel Guide – Calatagan, Batangas
For budget travelers who are easy to please; those who find beauty in simplicity, those who can last a day or two in a beach with no fancy accommodation – here’s a perfect getaway place for you!
This impressive but inexpensive destination, just 3 hours south of Metro Manila, is known as Manuel Uy Beach Resort. It lies on a golden sand in one of the laid-back towns of Calatagan, Batangas.
Sunset at Manuel Uy Beach Resort
HOW TO GET TO MANUEL UY BEACH RESORT VIA PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (COMMUTE)
- From Pasay City, near MRT EDSA Taft station, take a bus bound for Calatagan, Batangas (Crow Bus or Celyrosa Bus). First trip to Calatagan is at 4:00AM and last trip is at 4:30PM. You can opt to take a commuter van if you fancy. They’re parked at the basement of Metropoint Mall in Taft Pasay. There are also buses going to Calatagan from Manuela Metropolis Alabang (Metropolis Mall) if you’re coming from the South. Rate is Php150 – Php180.
- Travel time from Manila is about 3 hours via Aguinaldo Highway – Tagaytay – Nasugbu.
- Alight at the bus terminal in Calatagan town proper. Charter a tricycle and tell the driver you are heading to Manuel Uy Beach Resort. Rate is Php200 good for 3 persons; if you’re alone, you have to pay the full amount. Be ready for a bumpy ride.
The last trip back to Manila is at 4:00PM so make sure to leave the resort earlier. Ask the tricycle driver to pick you up from the resort since there are no public vehicles available in the area.
HOW TO GET TO MANUEL UY BEACH RESORT VIA PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION
- If you are going to Calatagan via a private car, just take SLEX and exit at Sta Rosa.
- Drive towards Tagaytay.
- Follow the directions to Nasugbu, Batangas and go straight all the way to the junction of Palico.
- From Palico junction, you will pass by Lian before entering the town of Calatagan.
- Ask around when you reach Calatagan town proper. Locals are very helpful. They will show you the way. Manuel Uy Beach Resort is after Stilts, you will see the signage to the right-hand side of the driveway.
PROJECTED EXPENSES FOR MANUEL UY BEACH RESORT TRIP
|Manila – Calatagan van/bus rate||
Php150 – P180 / way
|Day Tour Rate / Overnight Rate||Php50 / Php100|
|Parking Fee||Php100||Applies to overnight and day tour|
|Applies to overnight and day tour|
|Tent Rental||Php500||Good for 3 persons|
|Island Hopping||Php150 per person|
|CR Fee||Php5/ Php10 / Php15||Pee / Poop / Shower|
TRAVEL TIPS FOR MANUEL UY BEACH RESORT TRIP
- Bring your own food, the only available source of commodities in the area are sari-sari stores selling expensive goods.
- Bring your own tent. If you have a car, we suggest you bring ice cooler, mat, pillows, blanket, etc. to achieve comfort without having to spend more.
- Water. Bring enough water. Gallons of water, for cooking and drinking. No fresh water in the area. Even the one you will use for shower is salty.
- Bring a cookset. Paluto fee is outrageous. Imagine, a kilo of rice costs Php70! (Mas mahal pa sa bigas!)
- If you have to take a shower, stay away from the very first house/store. They charge Php20 for a dilapidated shower area. Yeah area, not a room. Just a piece of land (around 2×2 meters) with “trapal” as walls and no roof and flooring! No light, too.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Facebook community page for more travel tips, guides, and updates.
- For tour packages and other travel services, you may contact our travel partner, Sole Adventours.
OUR PLATE OF UNSOLICITED ADVICE
Dear Mr. Manuel Uy,
Your resort is really nice. You can actually rival with Stilts Beach Resort. You just have to fix it. Adding some cottages and garbage bins would help, A LOT! Planting more trees would make a great difference, too. But first, you have to start taking care of what your resort has and offers – it’s amazing, natural beauty.
- Do not allow guests to do bonfire as it will affect the quality of the sand. Also, bonfires do not only deplete our ozone layer but also leave ugly stains in the beautiful gold sand of your resort.
- Sanction those who pick starfishes off the ocean floor. They just torture and kill the poor creature. I tell you, you do not have unlimited supply for that.
- Reprimand those settlers in your property, they are ripping off your guests.
Whoever you are, Mr. Uy, I know you want the best future for your grandchildren. You can start with your lovely resort. A beautiful world with fresh air and clean water is something that money cannot buy. Your grandchildren will thank you for extending their lives by giving them a better place to live in.